Sunday, October 31, 2010






















Halloween is one of my favorite holidays. It is all about fun, there are no real expectations that, if not kept, will disappoint anybody. I don't have to buy gifts for anybody, I don't have to prepare tons of food, I don't have to feel hurt that nobody remembers me, etc. My kids didn't have to try hard to learn to love this day. Mason responds, "we are getting more candy today, OK." I don't have to beg, yell, and ask 3 or 20 times to get ready to leave the house. I can ask only once, get your trick or treat bag and lets go!!!! We have had 4 halloween parties this year, when I was a kid you pulled a costume together using tape, fake blood, DI clothing and a pillow case the day of halloween-------------and halloween only lasted a single day. Now halloween really lasts the full month of October, at least in our family it does. It is a great time to get stressed out adults to let their hair down, knock down a few, and just have fun. I guess I have decided that life is really good, I am happy, we are healthy, and our dentist will be busy!!!

2 comments:

The Gardener said...

Matt is rockin the Tin Man! Love, Love, Love how cute you all look.

Team Jensen said...

You did an UH-MAZING job on those costumes! Everyone looks fantastic!!!